Name:
Location: West Henrietta, New York, United States

Monday, August 07, 2006

So damn unpretty

So as I'm walking to my car this morning, I'm thinking about my jeans and realizing how ratty and beaten up they are and how I can't afford to buy new ones. And I wonder, what would I do if my pants split during the day at work? What would I do? Would I slip off and buy a pair at one of the ghetto stores in Midtown? Or just go home? Send around an e-mail to my team saying, "Sorry for the short notice, but my pants burst open at the seams, and I don't want to show all of you my ass, so I'll be leaving for the day. Any time not made up will be charged to 'personal.'"

This momentary concern came and went, and was forgotten.

Fast forward to 12:30. I head down to the Wintergarden to have my lunch, and when I sit down, I feel a coldness beneath me. 'Did I sit in something wet?' I wonder. So I reach down, and time freezes as I come to the horrifying realization that no, it's just my bare ass against the metal chair, because there is a giant hole in the seat of my jeans.

Luckily, I had a sweater to tie around my waist for the rest of the day, but I have no idea when it happened or how many people saw me between the time it happened and the time I noticed.

The best part is, that was my LAST functioning pair of jeans. I'm down to a pair of black pants, a pair of brown pants, and a pair of khakis.

You know it's been a bad day (not to mention, you know you're hormonal) when you're on the verge of tears because you can't put together an outfit casual enough for going out on a Monday night. I can't seem to find anything that's comfortable and that doesn't make me look like I'm either going to work or going to a club. I should probably just stay home.

I wish guys could understand what it's like when girls feel really bad about themselves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

I know the feeling actually. I put my pants on tonight before I went to dinner with my family, and when I pulled them up my boxers rose up too high. I then reached down my pants to grab the leg of my boxers to gently tug them down to their proper place around my waist. This would have been fine had they not ripped on me. This is the 4th pair that has done this. And, they aren't cheap boxers! All of the inexpensive ones I own have lasted a long time. The expensive ones are all torn to shreds due to my lack of skill in the "Light Tug" department.

Also, at work I took a leak and pissed on the front of my jeans by accident.

These are both true stories from just today! So, I feel your pain. (Not the PMS stuff though... sorry.)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Xtine said...

OMG. Do you remember when I did that at work? LOL I was wearing a pair of pants that I ABSOLUTELY loved. I did something and realized that all of a sudden I felt a breaze on my ass. I knew right away that my pants had a hole and I had to do something FAST. Not to mention it was hot outside... I think I ended up tying my sweater or hoodie around my waist but the rest of the day I felt awkward... and I had to play with kids on the floor and stuff. Man that SUCKED

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 5th grade I had broken my leg and was hobbling around school in sweatpants that were too big for me. Eventually they decided to fall down in mid-stride in front of the entire middle school... good times

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home